The purpose of Parent Advisory Board (PAB) is to discuss various programs, events, topics, and provide input to the principal. In many ways the PAB serves as a non-policy making “sounding board” for the principal offering a parent’s perspective on various issues and topics. Each PAB member is asked to bring comments, concerns and ideas from his or her parish to the meeting and then to bring information back to the representative groups or individuals. PAB will also provide planning and organizational help for many of the activities that are held for our students and staff.
* Serves as a sounding board and provide feedback to the principal
* Provide discussion, input and feedback on various programs, topics and issues
* Communicate to his or her parishes/individuals and serve as a communication vehicle to and from O’Gorman High School
* Participate as needed in our AdvancEd Accreditation planning and review
* Serves as our Career & Technical Education (CTE) Advisory Council
* Serve as a liaison between parents and administration
* Attend monthly meetings
* Inform appropriate parish and community members about PAB discussions and your role as a member
* Welcome new families to the Sioux Falls Catholic Schools community
* Make phone calls to current freshmen families
* Assist in the freshmen recruitment process (calling O’Gorman Junior High and religious education 8th grade students throughout the fall semester)
* Pray for O’Gorman High School faculty and support staff throughout the year
* Provide snacks, lunch and dinner to teachers during parent-teacher conferences
* Organize snacks for teacher and staff during Staff Appreciation Week (1st Week in May)
Our PAB consists of three representatives from each parish and two non-catholic, “At Large” members. The members serve as liaisons between the school, the parishes and the non-catholic families . Each PAB member will serve for a period of three years. At the end of the three year period, one representative from each parish will notify their parish priest about an opening. The parish priest in conjunction with the PAB member will submit an ad in the parish bulletins soliciting interest. Individuals interested in serving on the PAB will submit their name to their parish priest. The parish priest will then make his recommendation to O’Gorman’s principal. Members at-large will submit their names to O’Gorman’s principal for consideration. The PAB representatives for each parish is placed on a rotating, three year term.
If you have questions, concerns or would be interested in volunteering, please contact your parish or at-large representative listed below.
Parent Advisory Board Members
|Member at Large||Connie||Scottemail@example.com|
|Member at Large||Maria||Neelyfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Christ the King||Michelle||Weisenseeemail@example.com|
|Christ the King||Beth||Loeckerfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|St. Joseph Cathedral||Kathryn||Mulleremail@example.com|
|St. Joseph Cathedral|
|St. Katharine Drexel||Erin||Hericksfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|St. Katharine Drexel||Karen||Mikuska||KMikuska@hotmail.com|
|St. Katharine Drexel||Matt||Storkemail@example.com|
|School Board Liaison||Dan||Johnson||
Minutes will be posted after each month’s meeting starting in August of the current school year.